Calendar of Events
The Sport Chalet Fishing Team will be teaching various skills and techniques related to bass fishing in the spring time. Disciplines include: Jig fishing, crank bait fishing, and finesse technique.
Learn how to improve your technique and results in bass fishing. There will also be live demonstrations by the experts.
Seating is limited, so sign-up today at the fishing department.
Have you been wondering what it’s like to breathe underwater? With a PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience, you can try scuba at our in-store pools. A PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience is a great way to find out what scuba diving is really like before you take the full scuba certification course.
How the course works: Your scuba instructor will spend a little time with you to explain the basic principles of scuba diving and give you an overview of your scuba gear, which is supplied by Sport Chalet. Once you feel comfortable, your instructor will take you in the pool to help you learn basic scuba skills.
Bring your bathing suit and towel. Participants must be at least 10 years old.
Call today to register.
**Discover SCUBA is ONLY at SCUBA Pool stores: View Store Locations
During this free workshop our certified bike technicians will show you how to fix a flat and perform basic bike maintenance such as safety and equipment checks.
- Flat Tire Replacement (30 min approx.)
- Basic Bike Maintenance (1 hour approx.)
- Questions and Answers (30 min approx.)
- Free Bike Workshops are held the 3rd Saturday of Every Month at all Sport Chalet Locations (except Metrocenter)
- Leave your bikes at home. Our store associates will be using gear in the store.
- Reservations are not required, but space is limited. Contact your local Sport Chalet store and speak with the Bike Department to reserve your spot.
Ryan Hall started his successful running career at Stanford University and is now one of the premier faces of American distance running, having competed in two Olympics (Beijing 2008 and London 2012) and is the American half-marathon record holder. Ryan also claimed title as the fastest American marathon runner after running a 2:04.58 at the 2011 Boston Marathon and placing 4th. Ryan’s next big race will be at the 2013 Boston Marathon on April 15th.
Andy Potts has established himself as one of the most dominant and versatile triathletes in the USA. Andy started his competitive career as a swimmer at the University of Michigan prior to turning a professional triathlete in 2003. Andy quickly accelerated in the sport by earning a spot on Team USA at the 2004 Athens Olympic Games, winning the 2007 Pan American Games and winning numerous Ironman races. Andy looks to continue his success in triathlon by getting on the podium at the Ironman World Championships.
It’s that time of year again. Join us at our 11th annual Trophy Trout Tournament.
For location details, click here.
IRVINE LAKE TOURNAMENT RULES
- Tournament hours are from 6:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. First weigh-in time will be at 10:00 a.m. and the final weigh-in will be at 2:00 p.m. Cash entry fee for the tournament is $20.00 per angler. This is a 100% cash payback tournament.
- All anglers must fill out and present a signed and payment verified ‘Single Largest Trout – Weigh Slip’ to the weigh masters at the official weigh-in station.
- You are allowed to weigh-in only one (1) single trout. This includes a rainbow, brown, steelhead or brook trout. Weigh in ONLY your single largest trout regardless of species.
- Once a trout is certified by the weigh master it is considered an official catch.
- All entered trout must remain on Lake Irvine property and be available for examination and photographs by tournament staff until the tournament is officially over following the awards ceremony.
- All contest ties are decided by order of weigh-in time for each angler’s individual catch.
- There is a five (5) fish limit. Any angler caught catching more than a limit or catching and releasing fish will be automatically disqualified. You may continue fishing for your limit after weighing in your largest trout.
- All contestants must be wearing a fishing sticker.
- Contestants are allowed to fish from shore or boat. No site fishing.
- A two (2) rod maximum per angler will be strictly enforced.
- Any angler caught fishing prior to 6:00 a.m. will be disqualified.
- Rods may not be set up on shoreline prior to 6:00 a.m.
- Campers may not occupy shoreline prior to 6:00 a.m.
- There must be a five (5) foot spread between each shore angler.
- Boats parked in rental slips may not leave dock prior to 6:00 a.m.
- No fishing on the launch ramp, the docks or in the Lagoon. *LAGOON FISH DO NOT COUNT*
- No live bait is permitted except for night crawlers, mealworms and wax worms.
- No chumming or snagging is permitted.
- Any fish intentionally foul hooked or snagged will be disqualified.
- Any fish that comes out of the water with a hook attached to its dorsal fin or tail will not count. The hook must be inside the fish’s mouth. No exceptions.
- No hook and hand.
- AWARDS CEREMONY will start at 2:30 p.m. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN YOUR PRIZE.
- RAFFLE PRIZE DRAWING will start immediately following the awards ceremony. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE.
Shop with a shoe guru!
Come into Sport Chalet during our Fit Clinic for FREE gait analysis and shoe fitting with a Brooks fit expert.