It’s that time of year again. Join us at our 11th annual Trophy Trout Tournament.
For location details, click here.
IRVINE LAKE TOURNAMENT RULES
- Tournament hours are from 6:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. First weigh-in time will be at 10:00 a.m. and the final weigh-in will be at 2:00 p.m. Cash entry fee for the tournament is $20.00 per angler. This is a 100% cash payback tournament.
- All anglers must fill out and present a signed and payment verified ‘Single Largest Trout – Weigh Slip’ to the weigh masters at the official weigh-in station.
- You are allowed to weigh-in only one (1) single trout. This includes a rainbow, brown, steelhead or brook trout. Weigh in ONLY your single largest trout regardless of species.
- Once a trout is certified by the weigh master it is considered an official catch.
- All entered trout must remain on Lake Irvine property and be available for examination and photographs by tournament staff until the tournament is officially over following the awards ceremony.
- All contest ties are decided by order of weigh-in time for each angler’s individual catch.
- There is a five (5) fish limit. Any angler caught catching more than a limit or catching and releasing fish will be automatically disqualified. You may continue fishing for your limit after weighing in your largest trout.
- All contestants must be wearing a fishing sticker.
- Contestants are allowed to fish from shore or boat. No site fishing.
- A two (2) rod maximum per angler will be strictly enforced.
- Any angler caught fishing prior to 6:00 a.m. will be disqualified.
- Rods may not be set up on shoreline prior to 6:00 a.m.
- Campers may not occupy shoreline prior to 6:00 a.m.
- There must be a five (5) foot spread between each shore angler.
- Boats parked in rental slips may not leave dock prior to 6:00 a.m.
- No fishing on the launch ramp, the docks or in the Lagoon. *LAGOON FISH DO NOT COUNT*
- No live bait is permitted except for night crawlers, mealworms and wax worms.
- No chumming or snagging is permitted.
- Any fish intentionally foul hooked or snagged will be disqualified.
- Any fish that comes out of the water with a hook attached to its dorsal fin or tail will not count. The hook must be inside the fish’s mouth. No exceptions.
- No hook and hand.
- AWARDS CEREMONY will start at 2:30 p.m. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN YOUR PRIZE.
- RAFFLE PRIZE DRAWING will start immediately following the awards ceremony. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE.